Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Today Heidi Swapp's class started on Big Picture Scrapbooking. The class is called A Year to Remember. When I was listening to Heidi audio message today, I was so excited for the next year. I'll try to share what I make each week. This week I just have to figure out what I want my goal to be. Something to work on throughout the year.

Colin is going to be thirteen in a couple of weeks. That's just crazy! He will officially be a teenager. Three more years until he's old enough to get his drivers licence.

Here's a few more photos from our trip. Colin was so cute and took my camera to take pictures when we drove through the tree in the Redwood Forest in California. He took eight photos, some close, some further away. Definitely my kid. *S*



Here's Colin in front of the Golden Gate bridge. I absoloutely fell in love with San Francisco! It's a gorgeous city. The traffic, leaving the city during rush hour, was crazy though!





This is the kids in the pool at our hotel in Vegas (the Luxor). They loved Vegas! We let them roam in the hotel (the second floor had a double level arcade).



This is me walking in, I think, California Adventure. The weather was gorgeous the whole time we were there!



This is me in the Hollywood hills, taking a picture of the Hollywood sign. We didn't see any celebrities, but we drove on Mullholland Drive and went to the Chinese Theater. The hill that we hiked is where all the famous celebrities get caught by cameras when they are trying to walk their dogs. No such lucky sightings for us though.



This is Colin on Venice Beach. We went to the Venice Beach boardwalk and walked around. It's the boardwalk that's famous in movies. We also went to the Santa Cruz boardwalk. The rides were closed because it was evening, but the kids played games in a huge arcade.



We got stuck in rush hour in Malibu too. I kind of wish we had pulled over and hung out on the beach for a while because it was so pretty, but we had had not much sleep that night (we thought California would be warmer for camping in December...apparently not), so we weren't really thinking clearly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics! Love the one of Colin running on the beach and you taking a pic of the Hollywood sign.

I'm so excited about the Heidi class! Glad we're taking it together.

Only 7 more sleeps until Karen Russell and 8 more sleeps until Ali!

Crystal said...

Cate, I am so envious of you! How lucky to be taking the HS class - and seeing Karen - and seeing Ali!!!!!!! I want to live your life! Enjoy - and please share some of your awesome adventures.