Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Do you sew?

I forgot how much I love sewing. I haven't really sewn much besides a straight line in about ten years, and nothing with a pattern (I've just measured and made up patterns myself...which is easy if you're just sewing curtains or simple aprons), but last week I decided to sit down and sew a couple bags that I had the patterns and fabric for.

They are both sewn with Amy Butler fabrics and even though they are both different I love them both!

This bag is the Birdie Sling. It's so big and comfy to carry. I seriously LOVE it!



This bag was a pattern at my favourite local quilt shop, Satin Moon Quilts. It was so easy to make and only took three hours from the time I started cutting until I had sewn the last stitch. The other one took about 13 hours, but the cutting out was a good chunk of that.



I hope you have a great day!! I joined a Stampin' Up club and we made a super cute mini book at our first get together, so I'll finish it up and share it in a few days.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me?! (can you tell who's blog I was just reading *S*) I totally love your bags - especially the first one. It is so gorgeous and so you. I love the fabrics you chose and how the blue and red look together. And the birds and the pleats I love!!!

Can't wait to see your mini book!

Shannon said...

love love love it!!!!!!!!!! youre so talented, i still need to get you to do my strap!

Heather M. said...

awesome! love your bags!
rhonda just made me the coolest diaper bag - i wish i was into sewing so i could make fun stuff like that!