Sunday, July 23, 2006

Can't sleep

Last night Adam was racing at the velodrome. It was really exciting because it was his first time racing out there! The bike's are different than a road bicycle. They only have one gear and no brakes, so if you stop pedaling you crash.

So...Adam raced AWESOME! He came in third in his first race! And then he won his second race! And then he won his third race!!!! And after he won his third race he was so tired from the effort of the sprint, that he started coasting...or so he thought! I'm SO happy that I missed the crash because the guys at the track later told me that two people that were right on the side of the track immediately called 911 because they knew it was bad. It was so hot that I had taken the kids to McDonalds for half an hour. And if I knew I was going to miss a race I would have headed back earlier than we did. Poor Adam has road rash on his forehead, nose, chin, both shoulders, center of his back, right hip, both knees and both ankles. How in the world he got that much everywhere, instead of just sliding on one side, I'm not sure. He also broke his left shoulder and his right collar bone. So today when I pick him up from the hospital he's going to have both arms in slings (or he better if he knows what's good for him!). He said last night that the worst part was actually his back. All the muscles in it. It was horrible to see him in such total pain. I'm hoping that he lets me bring him back here for a few days. He can't even really sit up on his own, so I don't think he really has a choice.

Well, I'm off to call the hospital, clean my room and pick up his car. Have a good day!

3 comments:

Sue Sykes said...

Oh my! I hope Adam is feeling better soon and I'm thankful that it wasn't much more serious! Have fun playing Nurse (or Doctor... :D)!!

Unknown said...

Hope he's feeling a bit better and somewhat less sore tonight. I'm sure you're taking really good care of him.

Mary Mac said...

OMG! Poor guy! Take good care of him Cate!